Roasted Beets with Orange-Whipped Wisconsin Mascarpone
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds medium red beets, peeled
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon sea salt
- 2cups Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2cup fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut beets into wedges and toss with olive oil and sea salt. Cover sheet pan with foil; place beets on pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until wedge edges are crispy.
- Place Mascarpone in bowl of electric mixer, preferably heavy-duty mixer with wire whisk. Add orange juice slowly, increasing speed of mixer incrementally. Mix for about 30 seconds, just until thickened.
- Place roasted beets on serving platter and top with orange-whipped Mascarpone.