Roasted Beets with Orange-Whipped Wisconsin Mascarpone
- Yield 6 servings
With only five ingredients this dish starring beets and mascarpone cheese is a breeze to prepare.
- 2 pounds medium red beets, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut beets into wedges and toss with olive oil and sea salt. Cover sheet pan with foil; place beets on pan. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until wedge edges are crispy.
- Place Mascarpone in bowl of electric mixer, preferably heavy-duty mixer with wire whisk. Add orange juice slowly, increasing speed of mixer incrementally. Mix for about 30 seconds, just until thickened.
- Place roasted beets on serving platter and top with orange-whipped Mascarpone.