Roasted Beets Ras el Hanout
- Yield: 4 servings
Ras el Hanout is a spice blend, which can be found in the spice section of many grocery stores and Middle Eastern specialty shops. To make your own, mix together equal parts of cardamom, ginger, allspice, cinnamon, paprika, coriander, cumin, nutmeg and turmeric. Add a pinch of cloves and black pepper at the end. This spice blend is flexible, so don’t worry if you’re missing a few spices.
- 1pound carrots, peeled and cut in half vertically
- 5medium beets, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2large red onions, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3teaspoons Ras el Hanout
- 4teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place carrots, onion wedges and beat quarters in two non-stick roasting pans in one layer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the Ras el Hanout spice blend evenly over the vegetables. Drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil over the seasoned vegetables.
- Roast in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Let vegetables cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 137
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 128mg
- Potassium 633mg
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugars 13g
- Protein 3g