Roasted Beef Tenderloin
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 40 mins
Slices of this savory beef, wedges of roasted red onion, and creamy mashed potatoes make a decadent trio.
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons mustard, stone ground or Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 -- garlic cloves
- 1 large shallot, quartered
- 1 tablespoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -- (2-pound) beef tenderloin
- 4 large red onions, quartered
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Process horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper in food processor or blender until smooth. Separately, mince garlic and shallots; combine with horseradish mixture to make the "seasoning rub."
- Place the trimmed tenderloin (small end tucked) in a roasting pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spread or pat seasoning rub on the tenderloin. Insert meat thermometer in thickest part of the meat.
- Cover and roast for 20 minutes. Baste with meat juices; roast, uncovered, for 10 to 20 minutes to desired doneness.