Roasted Baby Zucchini
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3cups (14 ozs.) baby zucchini
- 1/2cup (2 1/2 ozs.) almonds
- 1/2cup (2 1/2 ozs.) white bread crumbs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon.
- Dry-fry the almonds in a heavy frying pan over moderate heat, turning or stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until they are golden.
- Put the almonds and bread crumbs in a bowl, season well with salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Spoon the mixture into the zucchini halves, packing it in as tightly as possible, and drizzle the olive oil over them. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. If you want the filling to look more golden, put the zucchini under a preheated grill for 2 minutes. Serve hot.
Da Capo Lifelong Books