Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan, Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Olive Oil
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 1/4 to 1 1/2pounds asparagus, ends trimmed, washed well
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4cup shredded parmesan or Asiago cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes. Drain; place in a bowl of ice water and drain. This can be done up to 2 days prior to baking.
- Place asparagus in a baking dish. Distribute bits of butter over asparagus; drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20 minutes, turning asparagus occasionally, until asparagus is golden brown and tender. Sprinkle with sun-dried tomatoes, cheese and lemon juice.
NOTE: If the tomatoes seem plump and moist, you can use as is. If they seem dry, you need to reconstitute them by soaking in boiling water about 15 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 88
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Sodium 179mg
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 5g