Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Sage Butter
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
- 2 pounds thin asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 35 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt in a bowl.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until tender. (You may grill the asparagus if desired.)
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a medium frying pan.
- Add the sage leaves and cook until the butter is light brown and the sage leaves are crispy, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- To serve, arrange the asparagus on a warm serving platter and drizzle with the butter. Sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Saturday Club, Main Line Entertains (The Saturday Club, 2005)