Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter
- Yield: 8 servings
- 40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2teaspoons soy sauce
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12 minutes or until tender. Place in a serving dish.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking the pan occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the soy sauce and vinegar. Drizzle over the asparagus and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Leage of Chicago, Peeling the Wild Onion, a Collection of Chicago Culinary Culture (the Junior League of Chicago, 2008)