- 1 small bunch of asparagus
- 8 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2teaspoons honey
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2cups salad greens or mesclun mix
- 1tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4cup grape tomatoes
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven 400F.
- Trim off woody ends of the asparagus and discard (or use them for soup base in other recipes). Cut asparagus into thirds. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Make a foil bowl and place shrimp inside. Place on baking sheet with asparagus. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on asparagus and shrimp, sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on top.
- Place in oven and cook 7 minutes. Remove shrimp from oven and continue roasting asparagus 8 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar, remaining salt and pepper. While whisking, slowly add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Place salad greens, basil and oregano in a medium bowl and add enough dressing to moisten. Arrange on plates, top with shrimp, asparagus, tomatoes and a few shavings of Parmesan cheese if using.
blog comments powered by
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 276
- Fat 21g
- Cholesterol 43mg
- Sodium 816mg
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 9g