Roast Pork with Honey and Sage
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 2teaspoons coarse salt
- 1teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3pounds boneless pork loin
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1tablespoon honey
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine garlic powder, salt and pepper. Press on pork evenly. Let stand 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat vegetable oil in a shallow, ovenproof pan. Add pork and sear 3 minutes per side. Place pan in oven and roast 25 minutes.
- Mix honey, olive oil and sage together.
- Remove pork from oven, coat with honey mixture on all sides. Return to oven. Roast 10 to 15 minutes, until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145F. Remove from oven and transfer pork to a platter; cover loosely with foil. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice pork on the bias. Serve with pan sauce.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 190
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Sodium 560mg
- Carbohydrate 1g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 30g