Roast Chicken with Garlic, Lemon and Parsley
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
At Hamersley's Bistro in Boston, this chicken is served with roasted potates and onions. The marinade is more like a wet rub.
- 1cup flat-leaf parsley
- 2cloves garlic
- 2 shallots
- 1tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2teaspoons dried herbes de Provence
- 1/2teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1whole chicken (3-pound)
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 garlic head (unpeeled)
- 1/2cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- To prepare marinade, combine all ingredients in a food processor; process to a paste.
- To prepare chicken, coat chicken with marinade. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper; place on rack in roasting pan. Wrap garlic in foil and place alongside chicken. Roast 1 1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in thigh registers 170F. Remove from oven and let rest 20 minutes.
- Reserve pan juices in the roasting pan. Add broth and lemon juice. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into broth mixture. Whisk, stirring to loose brown bits, and simmer until slightly thickened. Serve with chicken.
Recipe adapted from Bistro Cooking at Home by Gordon Hamersley (Broadway Books, 2003).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 0
- Calories 330
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 95mg
- Sodium 550mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 34g