Roast Chicken and Pear Salad
- Yield 6 servings
A rotisserie chicken makes this fall salad a snap.
- 3 tablespoons sherry or balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 firm ripe pears, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large head red leaf lettuce (8 cups)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups roughly shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 ounce Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shaved
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Whisk in oil. Place pears in a medium bowl. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar mixture; toss.
- Combine lettuce, red onion and chicken in a large bowl. Add remaining vinaigrette (or to taste) and toss.
- Arrange salad on large plates. Top each serving with pears, pecans and cheese. Serves 6.
—Recipe by Laraine Perri