Roast Beef with Sweet Red Pepper Vinaigrette
- Yield servings
A red pepper vinaigrette spices up traditional roast beef.
Served with green beans tossed with sweet roasted Marcona almonds and warm red potatoes coated in vinaigrette and chopped parsley, this is classic meat and potatoes comfort food with a kick.
- 3 (3- to 4-pound) Laura’s Lean eye of round beef roast
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, chopped, for garnish or watercress leaves
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 dash cayenne pepper or hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt, to taste
- To prepare beef, heat oven to 325F. Spray roast lightly with olive oil in mister. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear roast in large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until roast is well-browned on all sides.
- Place roast on roasting rack in oven and cook for 70 to 90 minutes. medium-rare is when roast measures 125F; 135F for medium. (Roast continues to cook after removal from heat.)
- Turn oven off and let roast remain in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and cover with foil and dishcloth and let stand another 20 minutes. Roast should now be 140F for medium-rare; 150F for medium. if you are serving roast cold on buffet, chill and slice cold. Serve with fresh watercress for sandwiches.
- To prepare vinaigrette, using a handheld stick blender, blend peppers with vinegar. Slowly drizzle in vegetable oil. add cayenne, sugar and salt.
- Serve in bowl with ladle and garnish with pistachios or watercress.
- Pour on roast beef after cooking and slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Laura’s Lean Beef.