Roast Beef Tenderloin with Red Onion Jam
- Yield 24 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 15 mins
Red onion jam with golden raisins tops roast beef tenderloin on toasted focaccia.
- 2 pounds red onions, cut in matchstick-size pieces (julienne)
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) raspberry vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup grenadine
- 3 cups California golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- -- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- -- Zest of 2 lemons
- 24 -- squares (2 1/2-inch) focaccia bread
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, roasted medium rare and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 pound Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- For the jam, heat oil in a large sautépan and slowly sauté onions until soft. Add vinegar, water and grenadine. Cook 15 minutes until thickened.
- Then, add raisins and remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes more. Cool. Serve at room temperature.
- Slice focaccia squares in half horizontally to make 2 flat slices; drizzle cut sides with olive oil and toast lightly. Top bottom half of each of the 24 squares with 1 ounce of roast beef, a bit of Gorgonzola and 1 tablespoon of the jam.
- Arrange top half on each and secure with toothpicks.