Risotto with Artichokes
- Yield 8 servings
Here's a great recipe to serve with a beef dish or serve as a meatless entree.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion several minutes or until it begins to soften. Add artichokes and garlic and continue cooking until onion is tender. Add rice, stir and cook until rice is opaque, 1 to 3 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is completely absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Heat the beef broth in the microwave until hot. Add 1/2 cup of the heated broth mixture, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes. Continue adding remaining broth, 1/2 cup at a time, letting liquid absorb after each addition, stirring constantly, and cooking until rice is tender and creamy, about 25 minutes. If you need more liquid, use water.
- When risotto is done, season to taste with salt and pepper. Add parsley and Parmesan cheese. Stir until well blended and serve immediately.