Rio Star Grapefruit and Salmon Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned
- 1/2cup rice vinegar
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/2tablespoon sugar
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned with juice reserved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2cups baby spinach salad mix
- 2cups cooked white rice
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Pan sear salmon until desired degree of doneness. Transfer to a plate; let cool.
- Add the vinegar, oil, sugar and salt to reserved grapefruit juice and stir. Pour all but 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette into a large plastic bag. Add the salmon to the bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, add the grapefruit segments, cucumber and spinach to the reserved vinaigrette in a bowl and toss.
- Drain the salmon.
- Divide rice among 4 individual plates and top with grapefruit/spinach/cucumber salad and salmon.
Recipe courtesy of TexaSweet