Rio Star Grapefruit Lemonade
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1cup sugar
- 2 1/2cups freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 14 lemons)
- 2cups freshly squeezed Texas Rio Star Grapefruit juice (3 large grapefruit)
- 1 grapefruit cut into thin round halves for garnish
- In a large bowl, prepare an ice bath.
- Combine the sugar and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Stir well and set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until all of the sugar has dissolved. About 10 minutes.
- Pour the sugar syrup into a medium bowl and set the bowl in the ice bath to cool. Syrup should yield 2 1/2 cups.
- When ready to serve the beverage, combine the lemon juice, grapefruit juice, and the sugar syrup in a medium pitcher. Add the grapefruit garnish and fill the pitcher with ice cubes. Serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of TexaSweet