Rio Star Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Creamy avocado and tart-sweet grapefuit make a great salad.
TexaSweet Citrus Marketing, Inc.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 -- avocados, cut into halves lengthwise and pitted
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 -- Texas Rio Star grapefruit, sectioned with juice reserved
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Brush 2 teaspoons lemon juice over flesh of avocados; set aside.
Add 1/4 cup lemon juice, salt, and tarragon to the reserved grapefruit juice; season with pepper. Whisk in olive oil in a slow, steady stream.
Add grapefruit sections and toss gently.
Place each avocado half on a plate. Top with grapefruit mixture, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here