Rio Star Fiesta Salad
- Yield 8 servings
A beautiful side salad with a wonderful blend of flavors and crunch.
- 4 -- Texas navel oranges
- 1 -- Texas Rio Star Grapefruit
- 3 cups peeled and cubed jicama (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup slivered red radishes (about 6 medium)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- dash salt
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted pumpkin seed kernels, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Peel and section oranges and grapefruit over a large bowl, reserving juice; add sections to juice. Add jicama and radishes to orange/grapefruit mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Combine lime rind, lime juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, black pepper and salt in a small bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Arrange lettuce in a large bowl. Using a slotted spoon, place the orange/grapefruit mixture over lettuce; drizzle evenly with yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seed kernels, and cilantro and serve.