Rigatoni with Sausage and Kale
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8ounces dried rigatoni
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12ounces hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed, and roughly crumbled
- 4large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12ounces Tuscan kale, stems discarded, leaves roughly torn
- 1/3cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano, plus additional for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking water.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage and sauté, crumbling, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, crushed red pepper and half the broth, stirring to loosen brown bits on the bottom of pan. Add kale and cook until wilted. Add remaining broth; cover and cook until kale is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and reserved pasta water to sausage mixture; cook 2 minutes. Toss with cheese and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 462
- Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 61mg
- Sodium 827mg
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 25g