- Yield: 16 servings
- 7 eggs
- 1 1/4cups sugar
- 36ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 9ounces sour cream
- 4 1/2tablespoons cornstarch
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4teaspoon baking powder
- 2tablespoons vegetable oil
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line a 3-quart or 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Using a stand mixer with a whisk attachment and large mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and almost fluffy, about 5 minutes at high speed. Add ricotta and beat until smooth at medium speed. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour, until golden and puffy. The cake will rise during baking and fall once cooked. Cut into squares.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Monday Morning Cooking Club’s The Feast Goes On (Harper Collins, 2014).