- Yield 8 to 10 servings
"This makes an attractive platter as the cheese and jalapeno slice in the middle grabs your attention. This is a mainstay at our parties and guests love them."
- 12 to 16 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Cavender's Greek Seasoning
- 12 to 16 small jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon, uncooked
- Prepare grill for cooking. Rinse chicken thighs, and coat lightly with Greek seasoning. Set aside.
- Wearing gloves to protect your hands, slice peppers lengthwise and remove seeds. Slice cheese into pieces that will fit inside peppers. Stuff each pepper with a piece of cheese.
- Pound chicken thighs with a meat tenderizer to flatten. Wrap each pepper with a chicken thigh. Then wrap a piece of bacon around each chicken piece. Secure well with toothpicks.
- Grill 40 to 45 minutes over low heat, turning as bacon cooks. The bacon will shrink and hold everything together. Allow chicken to cool. Remove toothpicks and slice in 1/2-inch rounds.
—Rick Dykes, Granbury, Texas