Rice, Tofu and Vegetable Packets
- Yield: 1 servings
If you have fresh herbs or dried chile peppers, add them to the packets before sealing.
- 1cup cooked short-grain brown or basmati rice
- 1 (1/2-inch-thick) slice firm tofu cut lengthwise across the 1 pound block
- 2large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 thin slices Spanish or red onion
- 2 red bell pepper rings
- 1/4cup shredded carrots
- 1tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place a 12-inch-long piece of foil in front of you on work surface. Place rice in center of foil. Top with tofu, then spread vegetables over tofu in a neat pile. Sprinkle with soy sauce, cheese and oregano. Bring edges of foil up around filling and double-fold seams to seal or twist all edges together to resemble a big Hershey’s Kiss. Place on a baking pan and bake 30 minutes until heated through. Carefully open package to allow steam to escape.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 334
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 11mg
- Sodium 679mg
- Carbohydrate 55g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 16g