Rice, Tofu and Vegetable Packets
- Yield 1 servings
Assemble these little packets of rice, tofu and vegetables, store in the fridge, and pop one in the oven you’re your hungry. They’ll keep three days in the fridge.
If you have fresh herbs or dried chile peppers, add them to the packets before sealing.
- 1 cup cooked short-grain brown or basmati rice
- 1 (1/2-inch-thick) slice firm tofu cut lengthwise across the 1 pound block
- 2 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 thin slices Spanish or red onion
- 2 red bell pepper rings
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place a 12-inch-long piece of foil in front of you on work surface. Place rice in center of foil. Top with tofu, then spread vegetables over tofu in a neat pile. Sprinkle with soy sauce, cheese and oregano. Bring edges of foil up around filling and double-fold seams to seal or twist all edges together to resemble a big Hershey’s Kiss. Place on a baking pan and bake 30 minutes until heated through. Carefully open package to allow steam to escape.