Rice Stuffing with Sausage
- Yield 12 servings
A simple recipe for a great tasting stuffing.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 -- celery stalks, sliced
- 2 -- green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups raw rice
- 3 3/4 cups chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, crumble the sausage and fry until no longer pink. Remove and drain on paper towels. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the fat and saute the onion, celery, and bell pepper. Remove from the heat and blend in the parsley, sage, and salt and pepper.
- Combine the sausage with the vegetable mixture and add the rice. Turn this mixture into a casserole and pour the broth over it, mixing well.
- Bake, covered, for 45 minutes or until the rice is tender and the broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Wishbone Press and Promotions Inc. Talk Turkey to Me (Glen Ellyn, Illinois, 2006).