Reduced-Fat Rice Pudding
- Yield 2 cups
A mild, creamy tapioca pudding recipe between a morning meal and light dessert. When you have extra rice, this is a great option.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups skim milk, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- dash salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir continuously and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix together remaining 1/2 cup milk and beaten egg. Temper the egg mixture by gradually pouring in the hot mixture.
- Return to pot, bring to boil, and continue cooking and stirring until thick.
- Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.