- Yield: 4 cups
- 1/2gallon milk either 2% or skim works
- 3/4 cup long grain uncooked rice
- 3 eggs separate the eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- Put milk, sugar, and rice in large pan. Cook until a little thick. Remove from burner, and set aside for a few minutes.
- Separate eggs, beat yolks and set aside. Whip egg whites until soft peaks forms. Then pour in the egg yolks. Take a dipper full of the rice mixture to temper the yolks and add them to the beaten whites and fold gently.
- Add the whole mixture to the rice mixture, add vanilla, fold in whites and then put back on fire and let simmer for five minutes. Pour into large bowl as it cools and stir a few times to get the rice mixed. When cooled put some cinnamon on when you serve it.