Rice Mushroom Casserole
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2cup butter or margarine
- 1medium onion, diced
- 6 to 8ounces fresh mushrooms, quarterd
- 2 1/2cups beef or chicken bouillon (or 2 10-ounce cans consomme)
- 1cup uncooked converted rice
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- -- Garlic
- -- Oregano
- In butter or margarine, saute onions and mushrooms until tender.
- In a medium-size casserole, combine onions, mushrooms, bouillon and rice. Season with salt, garlic, and oregano to taste.
- Bake at 325F, covered, for 1 hour (This is very soupy but will absorb liquid as it bakes).
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Rochester’s Applehood and Motherpie (Rochester, New York, 1981).