Rice, Greens, and Tomato Casserole
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cook: 25 minutes
- 3cups broccoli florets
- 8 1/2ounces (1 package) parboiled brown rice (like Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Ready Rice)
- 10ounces (1 package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and water squeezed out
- 3tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 1cup tomato juice (like Campbell's)
- 1/2cup water
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Coat a 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
3. In large bowl, combine broccoli, rice, spinach, Parmesan, rosemary, salt and pepper.
4. Spoon into pie plate. Pour tomato juice and water over top.
5. Arrange tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand a few minutes before serving.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 310
- Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 800mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 14g