Rice Casserole Supreme
- Yield 10 servings
This cheesy and tasty rice casserole is perfect for pot-luck gatherings.
- 3 cups rice
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 -- (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- -- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- -- Paprika
- Cook the rice according to the package directions. Combine the cooked rice, parsley, cheese, bell pepper, onion and garlic in a large bowl and mix well. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in the evaporated milk, oil, lemon zest and juice, salt, seasoned salt and pepper until blended. Stir into the rice mixture and mix well. Spoon into a greased 2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior Service League of Grand Junction's Celebrate Colorado West of the Rockies (Junior Service League of Grand Junction, Colorado, 2005).