Rice and Bean Salad
- Yield 12 to 14 servings
Leftover rice and canned goods from your pantry make this an easy and nutritious salad, high in protein and fiber.
- Garlic Dressing:
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 -- (16-ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen green peas
- 2 -- (4-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- -- Garlic Dressing
- To prepare the dressing: Combine the vinegar, water, garlic and olive oil in a jar. Cover tightly and shake vigorously.
- To prepare the salad: Combine the rice, pinto beans, black beans, peas, green chiles, onion and cilantro in a large bowl; toss gently. Pour Garlic Dressing over the rice mixture and toss gently. Cover and chill overnight, if time permits.