- Yield 8 servings
"My wife has many wonderful traits but cooking is not one of them. If I want to hide something from her I put it in the oven. I do the cooking. This recipe always gets high marks."
- 1 (6.9-ounce) box chicken-flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 2 to 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Cook Rice-A-Roni according to package instructions.
- Drain artichokes, reserving marinade. Chop artichokes and combine with rice, onions, peppers, olives, chicken and water chestnuts.
- Mix together mayonnaise, curry powder and reserved marinade.
- Pour over rice mixture and stir until well mixed. Season to taste. Serve warm or cold.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: This salad makes a perfect light lunch or dinner. Use low-salt Rice-A-Roni and reduce olives if you’re watching your sodium. Substitute plain yogurt for mayonnaise to reduce calories.
—Robert Long, Oxford, Miss.