Our Favorite Rhubarb Pie
- Yield 8 servings
A sweet, unexpected and sublimely easy strawberry rhubarb pie recipe for spring.
If you like, omit the strawberries and use 4 cups of diced rhubarb. You may want to increase the amount of sugar to 1 cup if you use only rhubarb.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 (9-inch) regular piecrust
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine sugar, nutmeg and flour. Stir in melted butter. Add eggs and beat with a whisk until smooth.
- Place rhubarb and strawberries in piecrust. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350F and bake another 30 minutes. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top while pie is warm.
Recipe courtesy of Diane’s Market Kitchen, Seattle, Wash.