Rhubarb Cream Pie
- Yield 12 servings
Seven ingredients combine for a flaky crusted, ice cream topped pie.
"I got this recipe from a friend in 1957. It's a favorite with my family and is especially good served warm with vanilla ice cream on top."
- Crust for 2-crust pie
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Blend sugar, flour and nutmeg in a medium-size bowl. Add eggs and mix well. Add rhubarb.
- Spoon filling into unbaked pie shell.
- Cut butter into small pieces and place over rhubarb filling. Cover with top crust.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F and bake 30 minutes longer.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Either fresh or frozen rhubarb can be used in this pie. Try it warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
Recipe by Susan Baker, Ferndale, Wash.