Red, White and Beans Salad
- Yield 5 servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 20 minutes
This hearty beans salad will be an easy addition to your Fourth of July table.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 can cannellini beans, with liquid (16 ounces)
- 2 cups cooked green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon julienne-cut fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- lemon juice, as needed
- In a small sauté pan over low heat, add the olive oil and garlic and cook 5-7 minutes until the garlic is translucent. Pour into a large bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, basil and balsamic vinegar to the bowl. Toss well. Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
This recipe originally appeared as Red, White and Beans Salad on Bush Beans.