- Yield 4 servings
Red Snapper with cabbage slaw, salsas, and flour tortillas. A healthy fish taco from the kitchen of Bobby Flay.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups finely shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- 3 8-ounce skinless red snapper fillets
- Canola oil
- 12 (4-inch) flour tortillas
- Tomato salsa
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- To make the cabbage slaw, put the lemon juice, orange juice, mustard, honey, and basil in a blender and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. With the motor running, add the oil and blend until emulsified. Reserve 1⁄4 cup of the citrus vinaigrette for the fish.
- Combine the napa and red cabbages and carrot in a large bowl, add the remaining vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. The slaw can be made 1 hour in advance and stored covered in the refrigerator.
- To cook the fish, preheat the grill to high or heat a grill pan over high heat. Brush both sides of the fish with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and immediately drizzle with the 1⁄4 cup reserved citrus vinaigrette. Let cool slightly and then flake into large pieces using a fork.
- Grill the tortillas for about 5 seconds per side, until slightly charred. Place the tortillas on a flat surface, fill the center of each with some of the fish, slaw, salsa, and cilantro leaves. Serve 3 tacos per person.
Reprinted from Bobby Flay’s Bar Americain Cookbook by Bobby Flay, with Stephanie Banyas and Sally Jackson Copyright © 2011.