Red Snapper Dill Divan
- Yield 4 servings
The fabulous cheesy dill sauce makes this one dish to remember.
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper fillets (or any other firm-textured fish fillets)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cook broccoli in water in a covered microwave-proof dish 5 minutes in microwave. Drain well and place broccoli in a 2-quart oblong baking dish. Place fish in a single layer over broccoli. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a small saucepan, gradually add the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in Cheddar, dillweed, and salt and pepper, stirring until cheese is melted. Pour cheese mixture over fish. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes, until fish flakes easily.