Red Snapper and Mango Ceviche
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Fresh fish combines with fruit, vegetables and bold seasonings.
The citric acid in the lemon and lime "cooks" the fish. If you're worried about using raw fish, microwave it 1 minute before soaking in citrus juice. Serve with pita crisps.
- 16 ounces red snapper filets, skinned, sliced thinly into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 medium jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 large mangos, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Combine snapper, lemon and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients. Toss lightly. Serve within 1 hour.
Recipe adapted from Chef Allen Susser, courtesy of the National Mango Board