Red-Skin Potato Salad with Honey Dill Dressing
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2pounds small red new potatoes
- 4slices bacon
- 1medium onion, diced
- 6tablespoons honey
- 6tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2teaspoon water
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 Tablespoon dried dill
- 1bunch watercress, washed and chopped
- In large pot, boil whole potatoes in salted water until; tender but firm. Drain and cool.
- While potatoes are cooling, sauté bacon until crisp in large frying pan. Remove bacon and set aside. Add onion to bacon drippings; cooking until soft, about 3 minutes. Add honey and vinegar to pan; stir to combine and bring to a boil. Blend cornstarch with water; stir into honey mixture. Cook until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Crumble bacon; stir bacon and dill into dressing.
- Cut cooled potatoes in half, leaving skins on. In large bowl, combine potatoes and watercress. Pour dressing over salad and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 224
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 11mg
- Sodium 211mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Protein 7g