Red Sauce Chicken and Pasta
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12ounces fusilli pasta
- 2-1/2pound chicken tenders, cut into chunks
- 1-- onion, chopped
- 3cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2cup raisins
- 1/2cup pumpkin seeds, shelled, roasted and salted
- 1cup prepared enchilada or mole sauce (1 8.25 ounce jar)
- 1/4cup unsweetened chocolate, grated
- 4-1/2cups salt-free chicken broth
- 1cup roasted red peppers, pureed
- 1cup queso blanco or Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2-- avocadoes, diced
- In large pot, cook pasta according to package directions, about 8 minutes. Rinse and set aside.
- In large, ovenproof skillet, warm vegetable oil over high heat. Add chicken chunks and sautÈ until nicely browned on all sides and cook throughout, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add onions and garlic to skillet. Saute until very soft, about 4 minutes. Stir in raisins, pumpkin seeds, bottled sauce, chocolate, chicken broth and pureed red peppers. Add chicken and fusilli pasta. Stir to coat chicken and pasta with sauce.
- To serve, top with grated cheese and diced avocado.