Red Potatoes with Gorgonzola Cream, Bacon and Pecans
- Yield 24 servings
These roasted red potatoes topped with Gorgonzola cream make a great appetizer or side dish.
- 12 -- extra-small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- -- Gorgonzola Cream (below)
- Gorgonzola Cream:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (about 3 ounces) Gorgonzola cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, finely crumbled
- 1/4 cup pecan halves, toasted, finely chopped
- -- Whipping cream
- To prepare potatoes. Combine the potatoes, olive oil, kosher salt and chives in a bowl and toss to coat. Place on a baking sheet. Roast at 400F for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Cool slightly. Scoop out 1 teaspoon of flesh from each potato and fill with Gorgonzola Cream, or slice the potatoes and top each with Gorgonzola Cream. Garnish with additional minced fresh chives.
- To prepare Gorgonzola cream. Combine the cream cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, pepper, hot pepper sauce, bacon and pecans in a bowl and mix well. Stir in enough whipping cream to make of desired consistency. Chill, covered, until serving time. May prepare 1 day ahead.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Sim’s Southern Scrumptious Entertains (Scrumptious, Inc., Decatur, Alabama, 2002).