Red Pepper, White Button Mushroom and Blue Potato Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 6 (2-inch) blue potatoes
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1teaspoon salt
- 12large white button mushrooms, halved
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4cups mache or arugula lettuce
- Preheat grill. While grill heats, boil water and blanch potato cubes for 5 minutes, then cut in half and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, rosemary and salt. Add mushrooms, potatoes and pepper pieces and toss to coat, then skewer individually, to create four skewers of each ingredient. Reserve the remaining marinade and grill vegetables until tender, turning once, about five to ten minutes total.
- Split lettuce between four plates and place one of each skewer on top; drizzle with reserved marinade and serve either warm or cold.
Recipe courtesy of the Mushroom Council’s Mushroom Channel