Red Pepper Pesto Pâté
- Yield: 20 servings
Serve with baguette rounds or pita bread.
- White Bean Layer:
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- Roasted Red Pepper Layer:
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 4ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Pesto Layer:
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1cup fresh basil leaves
- 1cup Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- To complete the dish:
- 1 (3-ounce) jar sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Prepare a 10×5 inch loaf pan with a light coating of cooking spray or oil.
- To make the white bean layer: Mash the cannellini beans in large bowl. Combine the mashed beans, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano and garlic together in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the white bean mixture evenly on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- To make the roasted red pepper layer: Combine the peppers and feta in a food processor and blend until smooth. Spread the red pepper mixture evenly over white bean layer in the prepared pan.
- To make the pesto layer: Pulse the garlic in the food processor until minced. Add the basil, parsley and pine nuts and pulse until all ingredients are minced and thoroughly combined. With the food processor running, gradually add the oil to the garlic basil mixture through the processor’s feed tube. Process until smooth. Mix the ricotta into the pesto. Spread the pesto evenly over the red pepper layer.
- To complete the red pepper pesto pâté: Sprinkle the chopped sun dried tomatoes evenly over the pesto layer. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To unmold, invert the pâté onto a serving platter. Peel off the plastic wrap.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 119
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Sodium 218mg
- Potassium 297mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 6g