Red Pepper Hummus
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
Red pepper hummus makes a great party dip and is delicious served with pita chips or your favorite crackers.
- 1 medium red pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup sesame tahini*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste, optional
- Puree all ingredients in a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade 1 minute until smooth. Makes 3 cups.