Red Grape Grapefruit Salad
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A bolt of citrus, a touch of sweet fruit and crunchy almonds doll up mesclun mix.
When choosing grapefruit, we like to buy pink or red varieties, which contain beta-carotene, an antioxidant that may reduce the risk of some cancers. When buying any citrus fruits, pick the ones that are heavy for their size, a sign of juiciness.
- 7 cups mesclun or spring mix
- 2 pink grapefruits, peeled and sectioned, juice reserved
- 1 cup seedless red grape halves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Combine mesclun, grapefruit sections and grapes in a large bowl.
- Whisk 4 tablespoons reserved grapefruit juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour over salad and toss gently. Spoon onto individual serving plates and sprinkle with almonds.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
For a complete menu featuring Red Grape-Grapefruit Salad, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.