Red Grape Grapefruit Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
When choosing grapefruit, we like to buy pink or red varieties, which contain beta-carotene, an antioxidant that may reduce the risk of some cancers. When buying any citrus fruits, pick the ones that are heavy for their size, a sign of juiciness.
- 7cups mesclun or spring mix
- 2 pink grapefruits, peeled and sectioned, juice reserved
- 1cup seedless red grape halves
- 3tablespoons oil
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- Combine mesclun, grapefruit sections and grapes in a large bowl.
- Whisk 4 tablespoons reserved grapefruit juice, oil, honey, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour over salad and toss gently. Spoon onto individual serving plates and sprinkle with almonds.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
For a complete menu featuring Red Grape-Grapefruit Salad, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 113
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 135mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 1.5g