Red Curry Vegetable Stew
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1medium red onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tablespoon minced ginger root
- 1stalk lemon grass, trimmed of bulb and outer leaves, inner leaves minced, or 2 tablespoons lemon grass powder
- 1tablespoon red curry paste
- 1medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1cup (1-inch-lengths) green beans
- 1small yellow squash, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1small zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1medium tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 (14-ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 1/4cup chopped basil
- 2tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- Heat oil in a large nonreactive saucepot over medium heat. Add onions, celery and carrots. Saute 1 minute.
- Add garlic, ginger, lemon grass and curry paste; continue to saute a few minutes to coat well with paste.
- Add potatoes, green beans, yellow squash and zucchini; continue to saute another 4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and coconut milk, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add basil, cilantro, soy sauce and lime juice. Mix well and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 107
- Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 201mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 3g