Red Bliss Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1cup heavy cream
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2pounds unpeeled red bliss potatoes, rinsed and diced
- 6-- garlic cloves, roasted and mashed
- 1tablespoon wasabi paste
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6slices extra-thick bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- Warm the cream and butter in a small saucepan. Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Uncover and cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain well and return to the saucepan. Mash by hand with a potato masher. Stir in the warm cream mixture gradually. Stir in the garlic and wasabi paste. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a serving bowl. Top with the bacon and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Rockwall Women’s League A League of Our Own; From Blue Jeans to Ball Gowns (the Rockwall Women’s League, Rockwall, Tx., 2006).