Red Beans and Rice
- Yield 6 servings
See how easy it is to like Red Beans and Rice.
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 pound fully cooked low-fat sausage, cut into thin 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt added tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- Saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Combine with beans, sausage, tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne, parsley and hot pepper sauce.
- Simmer ingredients for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with green onions and serve beans and sauce over a bed of rice.