Red Apple Salad with Oranges and Feta
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Citrus, apples, cheese and arugula bring magic flavors to the salad bowl.
A small serrated knife works well for sectioning the fruit. Work over a large bowl to catch the juices, and save some for the dressing.
- 3 seedless oranges
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or blue cheese
- Grate rind from 1 orange into a small bowl and set aside.
- Peel all oranges and section. Reserve juice, squeezing more for the dressing if needed. Combine arugula, orange sections and apple in a large bowl.
- Whisk 3 tablespoons orange juice, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper with orange rind. Pour over salad and toss gently. Spoon onto individual serving plates and sprinkle with feta.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.
For a complete menu featuring Red Apple Salad with Oranges and Feta, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.