- 1cup gluten-free flour (millet or spelt), or regular flour, if preferred
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2cup milk
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1pinch salt
- 1tablespoon water
- For the stack
- 2 eggs
- 1 large handful of rocket (arugula) leaves
- 1/2cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2cup sour cream
- lemon thyme or basil (to garnish)
- 1/2 lemon wedge (to serve)
- capers (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and beat until it forms a batter.
- In a non stick fry pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil/butter and dollop the mixture into the pan 1cm thick (channel your inner pancake skills).
- Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked. Remove and set on a paper towel to rest.
- Fry your eggs in a fry pan until cooked to desired doneness.
- Create your pancake stack whilst eggs are cooking.
- Layer a pancake, some rocket, a dollop of sour cream, sprinkle of parmesan and then another pancake on top.
- Once eggs have cooked, remove and top the stack with a fried egg.
- Garnish with the shaved parmesan, cheek of lemon and dollop of sour cream on the side. Sprinkle with the basil/lemon thyme and enjoy!