Rebecca Katz’s Spiced Sweet Potato Soup
- Yield servings
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons unrefined virgin coconut oil, melted, or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 to 8 cups vegetable broth or Magic Mineral Broth (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potatoes with the coconut oil until they’re evenly coated. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 teaspoon of the salt with the cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, and nutmeg and stir until well combined. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the potatoes and toss again until evenly coated.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared pan and roast for 40 minutes, until tender.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the broth into a blender, add one-third of the roasted potatoes, and blend until smooth, adding more liquid as needed. Transfer to a soup pot over low heat and repeat the process two more times. Stir in any remaining broth, along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, before serving.
Recipe from The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery by Rebecca Katz
Storage: Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.