Raw Sweet Potato and Apple Salad With Maple Vinaigrette
- Yield 2 to 3 servings
Serve these “haystacks” as is or over spinach, arugula or field greens.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 skin-on Granny Smith or Gala apple, grated
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped raw almonds or cashews
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon natural brown sesame seeds
- Cut the sweet potatoes into matchstick using a mandolin or julienne them by hand. Pile sweet potatoes and apples as high as they will stand (like a haystack) on a large plate. Sprinkle raisins, cranberries and nuts over top. Drizzle with maple syrup and rice vinegar. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and sesame seeds.